A unique experience among the vines awaits you!
At Red Mountain Trails we are all about providing you with new and interesting ways to experience Red Mountain. Whether riding one of our gentle trail-horses through the vineyards, or enjoying a sunset dinner in the vineyards, we want you to leave here with great stories to share.
Our Full Moon Feasts are multiple course dinners catered by the acclaimed chefs at Fat Olive’s Restaurant, and paired with Red Mountain wines. The dinners are served among the vineyards, on a secluded knoll overlooking the Yakima Valley and Yakima River. We carefully time each event to land on a day when you can observe both the sunset and the moonrise during your dinner. It is the absolute, very best of all that is wonderful about Red Mountain:
- Gourmet, fresh food
- Award-winning wines
- Unsurpassed views
- Exclusive vineyard access ONLY available with Red Mountain Trails.
What to expect:
- We will meet you at Kiona Winery where you will park your car and climb in to our horse-drawn wagon. Enjoy appetizers and sip wine as we tour through Kiona, Klipsun, and Artz Vineyards.
- At our destination you will be seated at tables overlooking the Yakima Valley to the West and the vineyards of Red Mountain to the East. This secluded knoll is one of the most photographed spots in the area.
- Dinner will be served in courses, paired with Red Mountain wine (with some special, exclusive pairings unavailable anywhere else). Have your cameras ready for the sun setting over the valley.
- Enjoy dessert as the moon rises over the vineyards to the East of our venue.
- Ride back to the winery in twilight.
The Full Moon Feast Dates
Below are the dates for the dinners, along with just a hint of what to expect on the menu:
- Saturday, May 21, 2016 – the Flower Moon: enjoy a Flower Moon themed menu including Spring Onion Soup garnished with crispy shallots and micro greens; and bacon-wrapped and peppercorn-crusted filet served with parmesan cauliflower mash
- Friday, June 17, 2016 – the Strawberry Moon: the Strawberry Moon themed menu includes a Roasted Honey Onion tart and a traditional Cherokee crushed strawberry, clove honey, and cornmeal cake.
- Tuesday, July 19, 2016 – the Buck Moon: prosciutto-wrapped hearts of palm with fig balsamic drizzle, braised venison finished with sauteed wild mushrooms.
- Thursday, August 18, 2016 – the Sturgeon Moon: this menu features an appetizer of chevre and herb balls rolled in smoked paprika and finished with sturgeon caviar, and a dessert of grilled peach moons topped with Chantilly and maple-candied pecans.
- Friday, September 16, 2016 – the Harvest Moon: the Harvest Moon menu showcases harvest in wine country with a salad of seasonal greens, toasted pecans, Fuji apple and a tart maple dressing; and a main course of grilled pork tenderloin filet finished with balsamic caramelized pear and onion.
Reserve Your Full Moon Feast Experience!
Book your experience with us using our online reservation system or call us at 1-888-414-1619.
- Book your reservation on our site. You will not be charged until we have a minimum of 10 guests reserved for the dinner.
- When we meet our minimum required number of guests (10), you will receive a confirmation message.
- Within 3 days of the confirmation message, pay for the event using our online system or over the phone.
- Our maximum number of guests is 24. If an event is fully booked, call us to get on our waiting list!