Red Mountain Roundup is a roundup of all of the things to do, places to stay, and other information to help you plan your visit to Red Mountain.
This weather has been all over the map lately! Looking much better this weekend!
Events, Places to Visit This Weekend:
I believe all tasting rooms charge a $10.00 tasting fee. Some are refundable with purchase, some are partially refundable.
- Red Mountain Trails — Wagon Rides, Trail Rides, and guided Bike Tours available. Click here to reserve!
- Chandler Reach — open Weds through Monday, 11:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Col Solare – tasting room open 11 am – 5 pm Weds – Sun.
- Cooper – tasting room open noon – 5 pm DAILY. Tasting fee $10.00 A portion of tasting fees often go to various charities.
Sept. 23/24 — Fall release
- Fidelitas – tasting room open 11 am – 4 pm daily. Tasting fee $10.00, refundable with wine purchase.
Sat, 9/23, 10:00 am — Fidelitas Estate Experience on Red Mountain.
- Frichette – tasting room open daily noon – 5 pm.
- Hamilton Cellars – tasting room open Sun – Thurs 11 am – 5 pm, Fri & Sat 11 am – 6 pm
- Hedges – open on weekends, 11 – 5, or by appointment.
- Hightower – Tasting room open 11 am – 5 pm Thurs – Mon.
- Kiona – tasting room open noon – 5 pm daily.
- Linda Ellis Andrews — Artist in Glass and Bronze. Linda is a fabulous artist and wonderful person! Make an appointment to visit her studio, you won’t be disappointed!
- Monte Scarlatto — tasting room open 11 am – 5 pm Thurs and Sun. 11 am – 6 pm Fri and Sat. By appointment also. They have a 9-hole golf course among the vines, check it out!
- Portrait Cellars — tasting by appointment only. 509-588-4534
- Purple Star Wines — Wednesday – Sunday 11:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Saturdays, 10:00 am — Stretch & Sip.
- Tapteil – Fri – Sun 11:00 am – 5:00 pm. 509-588-4460
- Terra Blanca – tasting room open daily 11 am – 6 pm.
Vineyard Grille open noon – 5:00 pm Friday through Sunday.
Tucannon – tasting room open Fri – Sun 11 am – 6 pm, Wed – Thurs 11 am – 5 pm. $5.00 tasting fee.
- Tri-Cities Events
- Red Mountain AVA Site (info, places to stay, calendar of more events)
Places to Stay:
- Vacation Rentals by Owner — Red Mountain has some really nice vacation rentals available for your visit. Most of these are right on Red Mountain and visitors get a discount on their trail or wagon ride when they stay.
- Bella Luna House — gorgeous vacation rental offered by Tapteil winery.
- Camping and RV —
- Beach RV Park – situated in Benton City — lots of pretty trees, gorgeous setting along the Yakima River waterfront, 5 minutes to Red Mountain. If you stay here we can deliver your bike rental to you!
- RV Village Resort – West Richland. Easy access to Red Mountain and Richland for restaurants, shopping, and wine-tasting. Indoor pool and spa.
- Wine Country RV — Prosser. Great location and amazing staff. Really nice place!
- Monte Scarlatto — Red Mountain. Enjoy staying in the heart of Red Mountain!
- The nearest hotels are located in Richland and Prosser.
Places to Eat
There are a number of chain restaurants around but here are some “off the beaten path” recommendations:
- Red Mountain Trails — we offer dinner on Friday and Saturday nights starting in May. Reservations can be made here.
- Tacos Garcia Taco Truck — West Richland. The best taco truck around, and I love their ceviche.
- The Vineyard Grill at Terra Blanca — Red Mountain. One of the only places on the hill to eat. Beautiful views and great food and wine!
- Hacienda del Sol — Benton City. Large portions of great Mexican food and excellent customer service!