I read the book “Red Mountain” by Boo Walker and it inspired me to write this post. I loved reading the book and trying to figure out the people and locations that inspired his characters and settings. (And yes, we’re in there!)
There are actually a number of great places to read a book on Red Mountain, in any kind of weather. There are few things as indulgent as a beautiful setting, fantastic wine, and great books. Here’s a round up of my favorites (and some books I like):
- Location: Fidelitas patio, in an Adirondack chair overlooking their vineyards and the Yakima Valley. You can see Mt. Adams on a clear day.
Book: Cork Dork, Bianca Bosker
- Location: Hedges Family Estate, in a chair out by the fountain.
Book: Red Mountain, Boo Walker
- Location: Terra Blanca patio. Nosh from the Vineyard Grille, sip wine, and relax overlooking the pond.
Book: Kitchen Confidential, Anthony Bourdain
- Location: Cooper Wine Company. The laid-back party vibe and fun folks here pair perfectly with some Mark Manson, and I mean it in the best possible way.
Book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F***, Mark Manson.
- Location: Hightower patio. One of the highest viewpoints on the hill, with breathtaking views of the AVA. Cozy patio and bold wine, perfect for some Norse Mythology.
Book: Norse Mythology, Neil Gaiman
- Location: Tapteil patio. Next to Hightower, another gorgeous viewpoint that takes in the entire AVA. Great wines, beautiful patio.
Book: A Sudden Country, Karen Fisher
- Location: Col Solare patio. Fabulous wine and the patio is so nice in the sun!
Book: A Room with a View, E.M. Forster
- Location: Kiona Winery, on the sofa in front of the fireplace. Embrace the pioneering spirit of Kiona’s founders and enjoy the view from the tasting room overlooking their vineyards.
Book: Oregon Trail, Rinker Buck
- Location: Frichette Winery, in a cozy chair. Excellent hospitality and great Edutainment classes pair well with their amazing wines.
Book: Wine Folly: The Essential Guide to Wine, Madeline Puckette and Justin Hammack
- Location: Monte Scarlatto, on a sofa in front of the fireplace.
Book: The Greatest Game Ever Played, Mark Frost