Time to start thinking about spring and spending more time outside! Red Mountain has some awesome places for a picnic:
- Terra Blanca Winery — you can either get something at their Vineyard Grille and eat outside, or get it to go and wander down to the gorgeous pond to enjoy your picnic. Beautiful views, quiet. Bring a blanket for this one.
- Kiona Winery — Sit on their deck overlooking the estate and enjoy the views. You’ll have to bring your own picnic, and you’ll have a fun time pairing it with their great selection of wines. Lots of tables and chairs on the expansive deck.
- Fidelitas — Adirondack chairs. Great wine. Views for miles. You’ll want to bring your own picnic or check their site to see if there’s a food truck in the parking lot. The Adirondack chairs fill fast on a sunny day, so bring a picnic blanket for backup.
- Hightower Cellars — one of the highest vistas on the hill. Their cozy little patio overlooks their vineyards and the Yakima Valley. Get inspired by their Giving Garden and check it out. Pack your own lunch or check their site to see if there’s a food truck in the parking lot.
- Tapteil — large patio full of seating, tables, and umbrellas. Really, it just begs for a picnic. Bring your own meal. Great wine for pairing. The views, as with Hightower’s, go on forever!
- Hedges Family Estates — the beautiful landscaping begs for a picnic of croissants and quiche. Enjoy the pretty little tables on the patio or bring a blanket to spread under the trees. Lovely and scenic, very romantic. If you’re in the proposing mood, this would be a good way to do it.
- Col Solare — great views and broad patio with tables and chairs. A nice way to spend your Sunday would be to picnic on the patio and then join the 2 pm vineyard and winery tour.
- Monte Scarlatto — pretty fountain and nice tables and chairs with umbrellas. Cozy and fun. Sometimes they have food trucks. Enjoy a picnic and then a round of golf.
- Cooper Wine Company — casual picnic tables, often a food truck, very much a laid-back vibe. Sort of like Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville, but a winery.
- Tucannon Cellars — super friendly staff and gorgeous grounds around the Sugarpine Barn event center. Nice, cool, relaxing place to enjoy a picnic.
- Frichette Winery — pretty patio and expansive lawn. Laid back, wonderful place to linger and enjoy the people, location, and wine. Frichette is a busy place, so bring a picnic blanket or lawn chairs in case seating is limited.
Stop on by and enjoy!