Red Mountain Roundup is a roundup of all of the things to do, places to stay, and other information to help you plan your visit to Red Mountain.
The heat came and harvest has started out here! It’s a wonderful time to be here!
Events, Places to Visit:
If there are no tasting fees listed, it’s just because I don’t know what they are. I believe all tasting rooms on Red Mountain charge a fee.
- Red Mountain Trails — Wagon Rides and Trail Rides available. Click here to reserve! We now have bicycle rentals!
- Col Solare – tasting room open 11 am – 5 pm Weds – Sun.
Sunday, 8/21, 5:00 – 9:00 pm — Summer Sole. Experience amazing sunsets from our deck while sipping Col Solare wines. Enjoy wine by the glass or bottle, special food and wine pairings and live music.
- Cooper – tasting room open 11am – 5 pm DAILY. Tasting fee $10.00 A portion of tasting fees often go to various charities.
- Fidelitas – tasting room open 11 am – 4 pm daily. Tasting fee $10.00, refundable with wine purchase.
- Frichette – tasting room open daily 11 am – 5 pm. Tasting fee $10.00, refundable with wine purchase.
Saturday, 8/20, 6:30 — Farm to Fork. Sold out, but call to be on the waitlist. Join us and Ethos Catering in celebrating sustainable farming, local agriculture, and the relationships that continue to bloom in our food community between farms, restaurants, wineries, and consumers!
- Hamilton Cellars – tasting room open Sun – Thurs 11 am – 5 pm, Fri & Sat 11 am – 6 pm
- Hedges – open on weekends, 11 – 5. or Book here.
- Hightower – Tasting room open 11 am – 5 pm Thurs – Sun.
- Kiona – tasting room open noon – 5 pm daily. Tasting fee $10.00 (refundable with purchase)
- Linda Ellis Andrews — Artist in Glass and Bronze. Linda is a fabulous artist and wonderful person! Make an appointment to visit her studio, you won’t be disappointed!
- Monte Scarlatto — tasting room open 11 am – 4 pm Thurs and Sun. 11 am – 5 pm Fri and Sat. By appointment also. They have a 9-hole golf course among the vines, check it out!
- Portrait Cellars — tasting by appointment only. 509-588-4534
- Purple Star Wines — make appointment or call for info. 509-628-7799.
- Tapteil – Fri – Sun 11:00 am – 5:00 pm. 509-588-4460
- Terra Blanca – tasting room open daily 11 am – 6 pm.
Thurs, 8/18, 6:30 pm — Chef Series featuring Twigs Bistro and Martini Bar. Executive Chef Pat Lutrick from Twigs Bistro & Martini Bar will be here for a delicious Chef Series dinner. Enjoy a multi-course meal as it is prepared right in front of you. Each course is paired with your favorite Terra Blanca wines.
Fri, 8/19, 7:00 pm — Cuisine de Vin. This fundraising event offers a very casual fun evening with friends. Regional Chefs will prepare their signature dishes which will be paired with wines from the Red Mountain AVA.
Fri – Sun — The Vineyard Grill is open from noon – 6 PM.
- Tucannon – tasting room open Fri – Sun 11 am – 6 pm, Wed – Thurs 11 am – 5 pm. $5.00 tasting fee.
- Tri-Cities Events
- Red Mountain AVA Site (info, places to stay, calendar of more events)
Places to Stay:
- Vacation Rentals by Owner — Red Mountain has some really nice vacation rentals available for your visit. Most of these are right on Red Mountain and visitors get a discount on their trail or wagon ride when they stay. Also, we can deliver your bike rental to you at your vacation rental.
- Bella Luna House — gorgeous vacation rental offered by Tapteil winery.
- Camping and RV —
- Beach RV Park – situated in Benton City — lots of pretty trees, gorgeous setting along the Yakima River waterfront, 5 minutes to Red Mountain. If you stay here we can deliver your bike rental to you!
- RV Village Resort – West Richland. Easy access to Red Mountain and Richland for restaurants, shopping, and wine-tasting. Indoor pool and spa.
- The nearest hotels are located in Richland and Prosser.
Places to Eat
There are a number of chain restaurants around but here are some “off the beaten path” recommendations:
- Red Mountain Trails — We serve lunch on our wine tasting tours AND we serve dinner for our amazing, one-of-a-kind sunset dinner rides! Reserve here!
- Tacos Garcia Taco Truck — West Richland. The best taco truck around, and I love their ceviche.
- The Wild Boar Grill — Benton City. This is a new and very welcome addition to the area. I’m a big fan of their pig wings and homemade potato chips!
- The Vineyard Grill at Terra Blanca — Red Mountain. One of the only places on the hill to eat. Beautiful views and great food and wine!
- Hacienda del Sol — Benton City. Large portions of great Mexican food and excellent customer service!