Red Mountain Roundup is a roundup of all of the things to do, places to stay, and other information to help you plan your visit to Red Mountain.
Wonderful weather outlook:
Events, Places to Visit:
If there are no tasting fees listed, it’s just because I don’t know what they are. I believe all tasting rooms on Red Mountain charge a fee.
- Red Mountain Trails — Wagon Rides and Trail Rides available. Click here to reserve! We now have bicycle rentals!
- Col Solare – tasting room open 11 am – 5 pm Weds – Sun.
Cooper – tasting room open 11am – 5 pm DAILY. A portion of tasting fees often go to various charities.
- Fidelitas – tasting room open 11 am – 4 pm daily. Tasting fee $10.00, refundable with wine purchase.
- Frichette – tasting room open daily 11 am – 5 pm. Tasting fee $10.00, refundable with wine purchase.
- Hamilton Cellars – tasting room open Sun – Thurs 11 am – 5 pm, Fri & Sat 11 am – 6 pm
- Hedges – open on weekends, 11 – 5. or Book here.
- Hightower – Tasting room open 11 am – 5 pm Thurs – Sun.
- Kiona – tasting room open noon – 5 pm daily. Tasting fee $10.00 (refundable with purchase)
- Linda Ellis Andrews — Artist in Glass and Bronze. Linda is a fabulous artist and wonderful person! Make an appointment to visit her studio, you won’t be disappointed!
- Monte Scarlatto — tasting room open 11 am – 4 pm Thurs and Sun. 11 am – 5 pm Fri and Sat. By appointment also. They have a 9-hole golf course among the vines, check it out!
- Portrait Cellars — tasting by appointment only. 509-588-4534
- Purple Star Wines — make appointment or call for info. 509-628-7799.
Sat, 7/23/16, 10 am — Sip n’ Stretch. I keep hearing about the great Sangria Amy makes post-yoga. mmmm….!
- Tapteil – Fri – Sun 11:00 am – 5:00 pm. 509-588-4460
- Terra Blanca – tasting room open daily 11 am – 6 pm.
Fri – Sun — The Vineyard Grill is open from noon – 6 PM.
Sat, 7/23/16, 7:00 pm — Wine Club Appreciation Party. Info Here.
- Tucannon – tasting room open Fri – Sun 11 am – 6 pm, Wed – Thurs 11 am – 5 pm. $5.00 tasting fee.
- Tri-Cities Events
- Red Mountain AVA Site (info, places to stay, calendar of more events)
Places to Stay:
- Vacation Rentals by Owner — Red Mountain has some really nice vacation rentals available for your visit. Most of these are right on Red Mountain and visitors get a discount on their trail or wagon ride when they stay. Also, we can deliver your bike rental to you at your vacation rental.
- Bella Luna House — gorgeous vacation rental offered by Tapteil winery.
- Camping and RV —
- Beach RV Park – situated in Benton City — lots of pretty trees, gorgeous setting along the Yakima River waterfront, 5 minutes to Red Mountain. If you stay here we can deliver your bike rental to you!
- RV Village Resort – West Richland. Easy access to Red Mountain and Richland for restaurants, shopping, and wine-tasting. Indoor pool and spa.
- The nearest hotels are located in Richland and Prosser.
Places to Eat
There are a number of chain restaurants around but here are some “off the beaten path” recommendations:
- Red Mountain Trails — We serve lunch on our wine tasting tours AND we serve dinner for our amazing, one-of-a-kind sunset dinner rides! Reserve here!
- Tacos Garcia Taco Truck — West Richland. The best taco truck around, and I love their ceviche.
- The Wild Boar Grill — Benton City. This is a new and very welcome addition to the area. I’m a big fan of their pig wings and homemade potato chips!
- The Vineyard Grill at Terra Blanca — Red Mountain. One of the only places on the hill to eat. Beautiful views and great food and wine!
- Hacienda del Sol — Benton City. Large portions of great Mexican food and excellent customer service!