Red Mountain Roundup is a roundup of all of the things to do, places to stay, and other information to help you plan your visit to Red Mountain.
I’ve put together some itineraries to help you plan your trip here. These are just suggested things to see and do while you’re here, and are certainly not all-encompassing. You canview them all as a PDF (with links to each event) by clicking this link.
This weekend is a great one on Red Mountain. There are tons of activities, and the weather is looking perfect! Also, this weekend is the full moon!
Great weather for a bike or trail ride through the vineyards!
Events, Places to Visit:
If there are no tasting fees listed, it’s just because I don’t know what they are. I believe all tasting rooms on Red Mountain charge a fee.
- Red Mountain Trails — Wagon Rides and Trail Rides available Sun, Click here to reserve! We now have bicycle rentals!
- Col Solare – tasting room open 11 am – 5 pm Weds – Sun.
Sat, 6/18/16, 5 pm – 9 pm — “Summer Sole” live music and wine tasting.
Sun, 6/19/16, 11 am – 5 pm — Father’s Day. Every family will receive two free tickets to see the Tri-City Dust Devils baseball team. All ages welcome.
- Cooper – tasting room open 11am – 5 pm DAILY. Tasting fees often go to various charities.
Fri, 6/17/16, 6 pm – 9 pm — Bud’s Birthday Bash. Live music, food trucks, and celebrate Bud’s birthday! (please rsvp). $10.00 club member, $20.00 non-club member.
Sat, 6/18/16, 3 pm – 7 pm — Bud’s Birthday Bash. Live music, food trucks, and celebrate Bud’s birthday! (please rsvp). — this dog knows how to party! $10.00 club member, $20.00 non-club member.
- Fidelitas – tasting room open 11 am – 4 pm daily. Tasting fee $10.00, refundable with wine purchase.
- Frichette – tasting room open daily 11 am – 5 pm. Tasting fee $10.00, refundable with wine purchase.
Sat, 6/18/16, 2 pm – 5 pm — BBQ Taste Off and wine pairing! $15.00 per person
- Hamilton Cellars – tasting room open Sun – Thurs 11 am – 5 pm, Fri & Sat 11 am – 6 pm
- Hedges – open on weekends, 11 – 5. or Book here.
- Hightower – Tasting room open 11 am – 5 pm Thurs – Sun.
- Kiona – tasting room open noon – 5 pm daily. Tasting fee $7.00 (refundable with purchase)
Sat, 6/18/16, 10:30 am – noon — Yoga in the Vines brought to you by Thrive Fitness Adventures. $30.00
- Linda Ellis Andrews — Artist in Glass and Bronze. Linda is a fabulous artist and wonderful person! Make an appointment to visit her studio, you won’t be disappointed!
- Monte Scarlatto — tasting room open 11 am – 4 pm Thurs and Sun. 11 am – 5 pm Fri and Sat. By appointment also. They have a 9-hole golf course among the vines, check it out!
Sat, 6/18/16, 5 pm – Bonfire and BBQ. Tickets Here.
- Portrait Cellars — tasting by appointment only. 509-588-4534
- Purple Star Wines — make appointment or call for info. 509-628-7799.
Sat, 6/18/16, 9 am – 12 pm — Summer Solstice Stretch n’ Sip.
- Tapteil – Fri – Sun 11:00 am – 5:00 pm. 509-588-4460
- Terra Blanca – tasting room open daily 11 am – 6 pm.
Fri, 6/17/16, 5 pm – 9 pm — Night on the Terrace.
Saturdays The Vineyard Grill is open from noon – 6 PM.
- Tucannon – tasting room open Fri – Sun 11 am – 6 pm, Wed – Thurs 11 am – 5 pm. $5.00 tasting fee.
- Tri-Cities Events
- Red Mountain AVA Site (info, places to stay, calendar of more events)
Places to Stay:
- Vacation Rentals by Owner — Red Mountain has some really nice vacation rentals available for your visit. Most of these are right on Red Mountain and visitors get a discount on their trail or wagon ride when they stay. Also, we can deliver your bike rental to you at your vacation rental.
- Bella Luna House — gorgeous vacation rental offered by Tapteil winery.
- Camping and RV —
- Beach RV Park – situated in Benton City — lots of pretty trees, gorgeous setting along the Yakima River waterfront, 5 minutes to Red Mountain. If you stay here we can deliver your bike rental to you!
- RV Village Resort – West Richland. Easy access to Red Mountain and Richland for restaurants, shopping, and wine-tasting. Indoor pool and spa.
- The nearest hotels are located in Richland and Prosser.
Places to Eat
There are a number of chain restaurants around but here are some “off the beaten path” recommendations:
- Tacos Garcia Taco Truck — West Richland. The best taco truck around, and I love their ceviche.
- The Wild Boar Grill — Benton City. This is a new and very welcome addition to the area. I’m a big fan of their pig wings and homemade potato chips!
- The Vineyard Grill at Terra Blanca — Red Mountain. One of the only places on the hill to eat. Beautiful views and great food and wine!
- Hacienda del Sol — Benton City. Large portions of great Mexican food and excellent customer service!