Red Mountain Roundup is a roundup of all of the things to do, places to stay, and other information to help you plan your visit to Red Mountain.
it’s like spring was here for a second and just moved on over for summer!
Events, Places to Visit:
If there are no tasting fees listed, it’s just because I don’t know what they are. I believe all tasting rooms on Red Mountain charge a fee.
- Red Mountain Trails — Wagon Rides and Trail Rides available Sun, Click here to reserve! We now have bicycle rentals!
- Col Solare – tasting room open 11 am – 5 pm Weds – Sun.
- Cooper – tasting room open 11am – 5 pm DAILY. Tasting fees often go to various charities.
- Fidelitas – tasting room open 11 am – 4 pm daily. Tasting fee $10.00, refundable with wine purchase.
- Frichette – tasting room open daily 11 am – 5 pm. Tasting fee $10.00, refundable with wine purchase.
Sun, 5/15/16 — Wine Dinner at Frost Me Sweet with Frichette.
- Hamilton Cellars – tasting room open Sun – Thurs 11 am – 5 pm, Fri & Sat 11 am – 6 pm
- Hedges – open on weekends, 11 – 5. or Book here.
- Hightower – Tasting room open 11 am – 5 pm Thurs – Sun.
- Kiona – tasting room open noon – 5 pm daily. Tasting fee $7.00 (refundable with purchase)
- Linda Ellis Andrews — Artist in Glass and Bronze. Linda is a fabulous artist and wonderful person! Make an appointment to visit her studio, you won’t be disappointed!
- Monte Scarlatto — tasting room open 11 am – 4 pm Thurs and Sun. 11 am – 5 pm Fri and Sat. By appointment also. They have a 9-hole golf course among the vines, check it out!
- Portrait Cellars — tasting by appointment only. 509-588-4534
- Tapteil – Fri – Sun 11:00 am – 5:00 pm. 509-588-4460
- Terra Blanca – tasting room open daily 11 am – 6 pm.
Saturdays The Vineyard Grill is open from noon – 6 PM.
- Tucannon – tasting room open Fri – Sun 11 am – 6 pm, Wed – Thurs 11 am – 5 pm. $5.00 tasting fee.
- Tri-Cities Events
- Red Mountain AVA Site (info, places to stay, calendar of more events)
Places to Stay:
- Vacation Rentals by Owner — Red Mountain has some really nice vacation rentals available for your visit. Most of these are right on Red Mountain and visitors get a discount on their trail or wagon ride when they stay.
- Bella Luna House — gorgeous vacation rental offered by Tapteil winery.
- Camping and RV —
- The nearest hotels are located in Richland and Prosser.
Places to Eat
There are a number of chain restaurants around but here are some “off the beaten path” recommendations:
- Tacos Garcia Taco Truck — West Richland. The best taco truck around, and I love their ceviche.
- The Wild Boar Grill — Benton City. This is a new and very welcome addition to the area. I’m a big fan of their pig wings and homemade potato chips!
- The Vineyard Grill at Terra Blanca — Red Mountain. One of the only places on the hill to eat. Beautiful views and great food and wine!