Red Mountain Roundup is a roundup of all of the things to do, places to stay, and other information to help you plan your visit to Red Mountain.
Greetings from Red Mountain!
I’m so excited to see the activities picking up around here!
Events, Places to Visit:
If a tasting fee for a winery isn’t listed below it’s only because I don’t know what it is, there still may be a tasting fee charged.
- Red Mountain Trails — Wagon Rides and Trail Rides available on weekends, Click here to reserve!
- Col Solare – tasting room open 11 am – 5 pm Weds – Sun.
Sat. March 19, 1:00 – 4:00 Blues at Col Solare Winery
- Cooper – tasting room open 11am – 5 pm DAILY. Tasting fees often go to various charities.
- Fidelitas – tasting room open 11 am – 4 pm Thurs and Mon. 11 am to 5 pm on Friday – Sunday. Appointment Only on Tues. & Weds. Tasting fee $10.00, refundable with wine purchase.
Sat. March 19, 11:00 am – 5:00 pm Magna Spring Release.
- Frichette – tasting room open daily 11 am – 5 pm. Tasting fee $10.00, refundable with wine purchase.
- Hamilton Cellars – tasting room open Sun – Thurs 11 am – 5 pm, Fri & Sat 11 am – 6 pm
- Hedges – open by appointment. Book here.
- Hightower – Tasting room open 11 am – 5 pm Thurs – Mon.
- Kiona – tasting room open noon – 5 pm daily. Tasting fee $7.00 (refundable with purchase)
- Linda Ellis Andrews — Artist in Glass and Bronze. Linda is a fabulous artist and wonderful person! Make an appointment to visit her studio, you won’t be disappointed!
- Monte Scarlatto — tasting room open 11 am – 4 pm Thurs and Sun. 11 am – 5 pm Fri and Sat. By appointment also. They have a 9-hole golf course among the vines, check it out!
- Portrait Cellars — tasting by appointment only. 509-588-4534
- Tapteil – tasting by appointment. 509-588-4460
- Terra Blanca – tasting room open daily 11 am – 6 pm.
Saturdays The Vineyard Grill is open from noon – 6 PM.
- Tucannon – tasting room open Fri – Sun 11 am – 6 pm, Wed – Thurs 11 am – 5 pm. $5.00 tasting fee.
- Tri-Cities Events
- Red Mountain AVA Site (info, places to stay, calendar of more events)
Places to Stay:
- Vacation Rentals by Owner — Red Mountain has some really nice vacation rentals available for your visit. Most of these are right on Red Mountain and visitors get a discount on their trail or wagon ride when they stay.
- Bella Luna House — gorgeous vacation rental offered by Tapteil winery.
- Camping and RV —
- The nearest hotels are located in Richland and Prosser.
Places to Eat
There are a number of chain restaurants around but here are some “off the beaten path” recommendations:
- Tacos Garcia Taco Truck — West Richland. The best taco truck around, and I love their ceviche.
- The Wild Boar Grill — Benton City. This is a new and very welcome addition to the area. I’m a big fan of their pig wings and homemade potato chips!
- The Vineyard Grill at Terra Blanca — Red Mountain. One of the only places on the hill to eat. Beautiful views and great food and wine!