“There is no shadow to be cast, an early spring is my forecast!”
Punxsutawney Phil brought us good news this week!
Here’s a quick round up of all of the events on Red Mountain, from tasting room hours
and events, places to stay, and places to eat.
A few wineries have switched to winter operating hours, so be sure to call ahead and find out what those hours are! Also, with the roads being hazardous due to weather, if you’re planning to go out, check with the winery to make sure they’re open that day!
Oh man, it’s looking lovely. Wet, but lovely!
Events, Places to Visit:
If a tasting fee for a winery isn’t listed below it’s only because I don’t know what it is, there still may be a tasting fee charged.
- Red Mountain Trails
We are enjoying some time off.
- Col Solare – tasting room open 11 am – 5 pm Weds – Sun. Get your tickets for their Amore Dinner on Saturday the 13th.
- Cooper – tasting room open 11am – 5 pm SATURDAYS ONLY. Tasting fees often go to various charities. (get ready for their Red Wine and Chocolate event on the 13th)
- Fidelitas – tasting room open 11 am – 4 pm Thurs and Mon. 11 am to 5 pm on Friday – Sunday. Appointment Only on Tues. & Weds. Tasting fee $10.00, refundable with wine purchase.
Fri. Feb 5th, 6:00 pm — Winemaker dinner at Anthology. Click Here for info.
- Frichette – tasting room open daily 11 am – 5 pm. Tasting fee $10.00, refundable with wine purchase. I tasted there the other day and the Malbec… oh, the Malbec! Get your tickets for their Sweetheart Dinner on the 13th here.
- Hamilton Cellars – tasting room open Sun – Thurs 11 am – 5 pm, Fri & Sat 11 am – 6 pm
- Hedges – open by appointment. Book here.
- Hightower – Tasting room open 11 am – 5 pm Saturdays.
- Kiona – tasting room open noon – 5 pm daily. Tasting fee $7.00 (refundable with purchase)
- Linda Ellis Andrews — Artist in Glass and Bronze. Linda is a fabulous artist and wonderful person! Make an appointment to visit her studio, you won’t be disappointed!
- Monte Scarlatto — tasting room open 11 am – 4 pm Thurs and Sun. 11 am – 5 pm Fri and Sat. By appointment also. They have a 9-hole golf course among the vines, check it out!
- Portrait Cellars — tasting by appointment only. 509-588-4534
- Tapteil – tasting by appointment. 509-588-4460
- Terra Blanca – tasting room open daily 11 am – 6 pm.
Saturdays The Vineyard Grill is open from noon – 6 PM.
- Tucannon – tasting room open Fri – Sun 11 am – 6 pm, Wed – Thurs 11 am – 5 pm. $5.00 tasting fee.
- Tri-Cities Events
- Red Mountain AVA Site (info, places to stay, calendar of more events)
Places to Stay:
- Vacation Rentals by Owner — Red Mountain has some really nice vacation rentals available for your visit. Most of these are right on Red Mountain and visitors get a discount on their trail or wagon ride when they stay.
- Bella Luna House — gorgeous vacation rental offered by Tapteil winery.
- Camping and RV —
- The nearest hotels are located in Richland and Prosser.
Places to Eat
There are a number of chain restaurants around but here are some “off the beaten path” recommendations: