Happy New Year!
Here’s a quick round up of all of the events on Red Mountain, from tasting room hours
and events, places to stay, and places to eat.
A few wineries have switched to winter operating hours, so be sure to call ahead and find out what those hours are! Also, with the roads being hazardous due to weather, if you’re planning to go out, check with the winery to make sure they’re open that day!
Oh, hello again, Winter!
Events, Places to Visit:
If a tasting fee for a winery isn’t listed below it’s only because I don’t know what it is, there still may be a tasting fee charged.
- Red Mountain Trails
We are enjoying some time off.
- Col Solare – tasting room open 11 am – 5 pm Weds – Sun.
- Cooper – tasting room open 11am – 5 pm SATURDAYS ONLY. Tasting fees often go to various charities.
- Fidelitas – tasting room open 11 am – 5 pm Thurs – Mon. Appointment Only on Tues. & Weds.
- Frichette – tasting room open daily 11 am – 5 pm.
- Hamilton Cellars – tasting room open daily 11 am – 5 pm.
Weds, January 13, 6:00 – 8:00 pm — BUNCO! Info here.
- Hedges – open by appointment. Book here.
- Hightower – Closed until January 9th. Tasting room open 11 am – 5 pm Fri – Mon.
- Kiona – tasting room open noon – 5 pm daily. Tasting fee $7.00 (refundable with purchase)
- Linda Ellis Andrews — Artist in Glass and Bronze. Linda is a fabulous artist and wonderful person! Make an appointment to visit her studio, you won’t be disappointed!
- Monte Scarlatto — tasting room open 11 am – 4 pm Thurs and Sun. 11 am – 5 pm Fri and Sat. By appointment also. They have a 9-hole golf course among the vines, check it out!
Portrait Cellars — tasting by appointment only. 509-588-4534
- Tapteil – tasting by appointment. 509-588-4460
- Terra Blanca – tasting room open daily 11 am – 6 pm.
Saturdays The Vineyard Grill is open from noon – 6 PM.
- Tucannon – tasting room open Fri – Sun 11 am – 6 pm, Wed – Thurs 11 am – 5 pm. $5.00 tasting fee.
- Tri-Cities Events
Places to Stay:
- Vacation Rentals by Owner — Red Mountain has some really nice vacation rentals available for your visit. Most of these are right on Red Mountain and visitors get a discount on their trail or wagon ride when they stay.
- Bella Luna House — gorgeous vacation rental offered by Tapteil winery.
- Camping and RV —
- The nearest hotels are located in Richland and Prosser.
Places to Eat
There are a number of chain restaurants around but here are some “off the beaten path” recommendations: