It’s “That Time”!
Time for some of the great classic movies of our childhood (Charlie Brown Christmas), some new classics (Elf), and if anybody asks I’ll deny it but I’ll tell you because we’re friends: I introduced my husband to the movie “Bad Santa” this year.
Not so sure that was a good idea…
Yay for warmer temperatures!
Events, Places to Visit:
If a tasting fee for a winery isn’t listed below it’s only because I don’t know what it is, there still may be a tasting fee charged.
Running from Dec. 4th to the 14th it’s “Holidays in the Heart of Washington Wine Country”. For details click here.
- Red Mountain Trails
Saturday, Sunday 11:00 am – 5:00 pm We will have local craftsmen, Christmas trees, Santa (Saturdays only), wreaths, and horse-drawn wagon rides. For more information: Country Christmas
- Col Solare – tasting room open 11 am – 5 pm Weds – Sun.
- Cooper – tasting room open 11am – 5 pm Thurs – Mon. Tasting fees often go to various charities.
- Fidelitas – tasting room open daily 11 am – 5 pm
Friday, 12/4/15 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm — Holiday Shopping Party on Red Mountain.
- Frichette – tasting room open daily 11 am – 5 pm.
- Hamilton Cellars – tasting room open daily 11 am – 5 pm
Wednesday, 12/9/15, 6:00 pm — Bunco!
- Hedges – open by appointment. Book here.
- Hightower – tasting room open 11 am – 5 pm Fri – Mon.
- Kiona – tasting room open noon – 5 pm daily. Tasting fee $7.00 (refundable with purchase)
- Linda Ellis Andrews — Artist in Glass and Bronze. Linda is a fabulous artist and wonderful person! Make an appointment to visit her studio, you won’t be disappointed!
- Monte Scarlatto — tasting room open 11 am – 4 pm Thurs and Sun. 11 am – 5 pm Fri and Sat. By appointment also. They have a 9-hole golf course among the vines, check it out!
Friday — Black Friday at Montescarlatto. A new deal every hour!
- Portrait Cellars — tasting by appointment only. 509-588-4534
- Tapteil – tasting room open 11 am – 5 pm Fri – Sun.
- Terra Blanca – tasting room open daily 10 am – 6 pm.
Saturday, 12/05 The Vineyard Grill is open from noon – 5 PM.
Saturday, 12/05 Open House 1pm – 4pm
- Tucannon – tasting room open Fri – Sun 11 am – 6 pm, Wed – Thurs 11 am – 5 pm. $5.00 tasting fee.
Places to Stay:
- Vacation Rentals by Owner — Red Mountain has some really nice vacation rentals available for your visit. Most of these are right on Red Mountain and visitors get a discount on their trail or wagon ride when they stay.
- Bella Luna House — gorgeous vacation rental offered by Tapteil winery.
- Camping and RV —
- The nearest hotels are located in Richland and Prosser.
Places to Eat
There are a number of chain restaurants around but here are some “off the beaten path” recommendations: