Definitely keep an eye on the weather in the winter months. Somedays are picnic perfect, others you’re dodging flying tree limbs.
Events, Places to Visit:
If a tasting fee for a winery isn’t listed below it’s only because I don’t know what it is, there still may be a tasting fee charged.
Please note that the wineries are closed for Thursday, Thanksgiving Day (which isn’t in this newsletter cycle, but it’s the first day of the next cycle.)
- Red Mountain Trails – We are busy getting ready for our Country Christmas — hope you’ll join us!
- Col Solare – tasting room open 11 am – 5 pm Weds – Sun.
Saturday, 11/21/15, 1 pm – 5 pm Harvest Song Celebration
- Cooper – tasting room open 11am – 5 pm Thurs – Mon. Tasting fees often go to various charities.
- Fidelitas – tasting room open daily 11 am – 5 pm
- Frichette – tasting room open daily 11 am – 5 pm.
- Hamilton Cellars – tasting room open daily 11 am – 5 pm
- Hedges – tasting room open 11 am – 5 pm Sat, Sun. $5.00 nonrefundable tasting fee
- Hightower – tasting room open 11 am – 5 pm Fri – Mon.
- Kiona – tasting room open noon – 5 pm daily. Tasting fee $7.00 (refundable with purchase) Red Mountain Trails offers trail rides through Kiona Vineyards on weekends and by reservation.
- Linda Ellis Andrews — Artist in Glass and Bronze. Linda is a fabulous artist and wonderful person! Make an appointment to visit her studio, you won’t be disappointed!
- Monte Scarlatto — tasting room open 10 am – 5 pm Thurs and Sun. 10 am – 6 pm Fri and Sat. By appointment also. They have a 9-hole golf course among the vines, check it out!
Portrait Cellars — tasting by appointment only. 509-588-4534
- Tapteil – tasting room open 11 am – 5 pm Fri – Sun.
- Terra Blanca – tasting room open daily 10 am – 6 pm.
Thursday, 11/19 from 5 pm to 7 pm Wine Club Happy Hour
- Tucannon – tasting room open Fri – Sun 11 am – 6 pm, Wed – Thurs 11 am – 5 pm. $5.00 tasting fee.
- Tri-Cities Events
Places to Stay:
- Vacation Rentals by Owner — Red Mountain has some really nice vacation rentals available for your visit. Most of these are right on Red Mountain and visitors get a discount on their trail or wagon ride when they stay.
- Bella Luna House — gorgeous vacation rental offered by Tapteil winery.
- Camping and RV —
- The nearest hotels are located in Richland and Prosser.
Places to Eat
There are a number of chain restaurants around but here are some “off the beaten path” recommendations: