I looked at the 15-day forecast for the area and nearly fell on the floor and wiggled around in utter happiness. It looks like great riding weather for the next while! Join us!
Events, Places to Visit:
If a tasting fee for a winery isn’t listed below it’s only because I don’t know what it is, there still may be a tasting fee charged.
- Red Mountain Trails – Fri – Sun by reservation. 1/2 hour and 1 hour trail rides.
Family BBQ and Wagon Ride — Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday by reservation.
Sunset Dinner and Wagon Ride — Friday and Saturday nights by reservation.
- Col Solare – tasting room open 11 am – 5 pm Weds – Sun.
Sunday 2:00 pm — vineyard and winery tour.
- Cooper – tasting room open 11am – 5 pm Thurs – Mon. Tasting fees often go to various charities.
Saturday 8/8/15 — Food Truck Saturday with Northwest Sunset Grille.
- Fidelitas – tasting room open daily 11 am – 5 pm
- Frichette – tasting room open daily 11 am – 5 pm.
- Hamilton Cellars – tasting room open daily 11 am – 5 pm, Thursdays 11 am – 7 pm
Thursday 8/6/15, open late (until 7:00 pm).
Wednesday 8/12/15, Bunco from 6 to 8! Info here.
- Hedges – tasting room open 11 am – 5 pm Sat, Sun. $5.00 nonrefundable tasting fee
- Hightower – tasting room open 11 am – 5 pm Thurs – Mon.
- Kiona – tasting room open noon – 5 pm daily. Tasting fee $7.00 (refundable with purchase) Red Mountain Trails offers trail rides through Kiona Vineyards on weekends and by reservation.
- Linda Ellis Andrews — Artist in Glass and Bronze. Linda is a fabulous artist and wonderful person! Make an appointment to visit her studio, you won’t be disappointed!
- Monte Scarlatto — tasting room open 10 am – 5 pm Thurs and Sun. 10 am – 6 pm Fri and Sat. By appointment also. They have a 9-hole golf course among the vines, check it out!
- Portrait Cellars — tasting by appointment only. 509-588-4534
- Tapteil – tasting room open 11 am – 5 pm Fri – Sun.
- Terra Blanca – tasting room open daily 10 am – 6 pm.
- Tucannon – tasting room open Fri – Sun 11 am – 6 pm, Wed – Thurs 11 am – 5 pm. $5.00 tasting fee.
- Tri-Cities Events
Places to Stay:
- Vacation Rentals by Owner — Red Mountain has some really nice vacation rentals available for your visit. Most of these are right on Red Mountain and visitors get a discount on their trail or wagon ride when they stay.
- Bella Luna House — gorgeous vacation rental offered by Tapteil winery.
- Camping and RV —
- The nearest hotels are located in Richland and Prosser.
Places to Eat
There are a number of chain restaurants around but here are some “off the beaten path” recommendations:
- Red Mountain Trails — we offer Wagon Ride dinners in the spring, summer, and fall!
- Terra Blanca Vineyard Grill — Fri, Sat, Sun noon – 5 pm. Oh man, I love to eat on their patio — a glass of wine, some lovely food, and the views are to die for.
- 8/8/15 Cooper Wine Company hosts the Northwest Sunset Grille food truck.
- Tacos Garcia Taco Truck — West Richland. The best taco truck around, and I love their ceviche.
- Brickhouse Pizza — West Richland. Great pizza crust on their pizzas and a nice fresh salad bar.