My mother made this and oh my gosh, you can eat it like salsa or eat it as a salad.
Watermelon Avocado Salad
My mom made this and it's awesome!
Write a review
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2T red wine vinegar
- Combine these and marinate overnight.
- 2 ripe avocados cut into 1-inch chunks
- juice of 1 lime
- 6 lbs of watermelon, cut into 1.5 inch chunks.
- Toss avo and watermelon with lime juice
- juice of 1 orange
- 2t extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c cilantro, chopped and loosely packed (set aside a bit for garnish)
- S & P to taste
- Toss together melon, avo, oj, olive oil, and cilantro. Drain onion and add. S and P to taste. Toss once more and garnish
- Mom uses the onion/vinegar with all kinds of melon and fruits and apples and pears,
- Also, she uses raspberry vinegar for the marinade.
Red Mountain Trails http://www.redmountaintrails.com/