Looking forward to a beautiful, sunny weekend with temps in the 90s.
Events, Places to Visit:
If a tasting fee for a winery isn’t listed below it’s only because I don’t know what it is, there still may be a tasting fee charged.
- Red Mountain Trails – Fri – Sun by reservation. 1/2 hour and 1 hour trail rides.
Family BBQ and Wagon Ride — Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday by reservation.
Sunset Dinner and Wagon Ride — Friday and Saturday nights by reservation.
- Cooper – tasting room open 11am – 5 pm Thurs – Mon. Tasting fees often go to various charities.
- Frichette – tasting room open daily 11 am – 5 pm.
- Kiona – tasting room open noon – 5 pm daily. Tasting fee $7.00 (refundable with purchase) Red Mountain Trails offers trail rides through Kiona Vineyards on weekends and by reservation.
- Fidelitas – tasting room open daily 11 am – 5 pm
- Hamilton Cellars – tasting room open daily 11 am – 5 pm, Thursdays 11 am – 7 pm
- Thursday 7/9/15, open late (until 7:00 pm).
- Sunday 7/19/15, 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm – “Music at Milton and Millie’s” featuring Carl Holt Band
- Hedges – tasting room open 11 am – 5 pm Sat, Sun. $5.00 nonrefundable tasting fee
- Tapteil – tasting room open 11 am – 5 pm Fri – Sun.
- Hightower – tasting room open 11 am – 5 pm Thurs – Mon.
- Col Solare – tasting room open 11 am – 5 pm Weds – Sun.
- Sunday 2:00 pm — vineyard and winery tour.
- Terra Blanca – tasting room open daily 10 am – 6 pm.
- Tucannon – tasting room open Fri – Sun 11 am – 6 pm, Wed – Thurs 11 am – 5 pm. $5.00 tasting fee.
- Tri-Cities Events
Places to Stay:
- Vacation Rentals by Owner — Red Mountain has some really nice vacation rentals available for your visit. Most of these are right on Red Mountain and visitors get a discount on their trail or wagon ride when they stay.
- Bella Luna House — gorgeous vacation rental offered by Tapteil winery.
- Camping and RV —
- The nearest hotels are located in Richland and Prosser.
Places to Eat
There are a number of chain restaurants around but here are some “off the beaten path” recommendations:
- Red Mountain Trails — we offer Wagon Ride dinners in the spring, summer, and fall!
- Terra Blanca Vineyard Grill — Fri, Sat, Sun noon – 5 pm. Oh man, I love to eat on their patio — a glass of wine, some lovely food, and the views are to die for.
- 7/11/15 — Cooper Wine Company food truck Saturday with Kindra’s Wok n’ Roll. (I love these guys – great service, great Asian food, and of course Cooper has great wine too!)
- Tacos Garcia Taco Truck — West Richland. The best taco truck around, and I love their ceviche.
- Brickhouse Pizza — West Richland. Great pizza crust on their pizzas and a nice fresh salad bar.
Red Mountain in the News
“A Taste of Red Mountain Found in Rural Clark County” — The Columbian